It’s been over two years since I abandoned this project and there have been lots of changes since then. I’ve moved, again, and got rid of The Tin Man for a very respectable $50 – it was sad but hey money! Since moving about a year ago I’ve only been walking JD sporadically, have hardly watched any classic Who, and while not in significantly worse shape than I was, it still ain’t great.
So I’m making some changes and challenging myself. I’ve decided on three challenges and a reward! It all started when I heard about the #100DaysOfCode Challenge where you code for an hour a day for 100 days. I’ve been learning code, off and on, and really like the idea of sticking with it for a significant length of time. I’m also challenging my self to walk JD for 20 minutes every day for #100DaysOfWalking, and to practice my Spanish via Duolingo (app) at the highest challenge level for #100DaysOfSpanish. My reward will be a Doctor Who episode every day! Of course I’ll have to share my progress and review the Who episode so it will also be #100DaysOfBlogging!!
I started yesterday but only decided on my reward today so I’m going to be a bit behind on my #100DaysOfWho but I’ll find a day to squeeze in two episodes! It all sounds very ambitious, and I feel certain I’ll stumble along the way, but I’m determined to see it through to the end. Yesterday the coding part was rough since I really don’t understand the platform the challenge uses – GitHub – but I muddled through and made it work. I’m totally energized and have already practiced my Spanish at lunch today! Details on the various challenges below and thanks in advance for your support!
- #100DaysOfCode – Code 1 hour every day – see more here. And you can read my log, see projects, etc. here.
- #100DaysOfWalking – Walk JD for at least 20 minutes every day using Map My Walk app to track and keep me honest. I will link to the Facebook/Twitter post.
- #100DaysOfSpanish – Practice Spanish on the hardest setting (50 points) every day. I will be sharing my progress via Facebook/Twitter and will link in the blog.
- #100DaysofWho – after the above three are accomplished watch my Doctor Who eposide!! I’ll be writing short recaps/reviews in my daily blog.
- #100DaysOfBlogging – Wrap everything up at the end of every day – even if I don’t have fancy pictures all the time!